Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's Just About the Numbers


At Karate Thursday, TJ seemed to misplace his fantastic multi-click lancet device. I LOVE this lancet thing-y. It holds six needles in a barrel, so there are no "sharps." You just rotate the barrel to change the lancet, instead of take one out and put a new one in, so you have no trash if you do change for each test (or even every other), and the barrel lasts easily for a day - no carrying around extra lancets.

So...skip to after karate when I am frantically calling around trying to find the misplaced lancet. I'm talking to S, who drove him to and from karate, to M, who will be going there soon to pick up his own daughter, and finally to the secretary at Tumble Time. No one can find it. UGH.

Maybe he just didn't want to be in trouble, but TJ put me in my place by saying "I think diabetes isn't about what kind of stuff you have. It's just about your numbers."

Well, okay then. I suppose he's right.

No comments: